My first baihe webnovel series
Sep. 25th, 2026 03:50 pmIt turns out that several novels by 过期的糖 are part of the same universe. I recommend reading them in this order.
(1) 犯规招惹 [Foul play and provocation]. Alternate title: 蓄谋冰山教授 [The Calculating Iceberg Professor], Breaking the Rules to Attract (novelupdates)
(2) 蓄谋钓系青梅 [Premeditatedly Fishing for Green Plum]. Alternative title: Scheming Seductive Childhood Sweetheart (novelupdates)
(3) 她途经月色 [She passed through the moonlight]
(1) is still the strongest read, and I can see why this title became the basis for shorts on Xiao Hong Shu and those AI video collaborations. (2) and (3) were interesting reads but a bit rushed for certain sections. I felt that some of the most important sections crucial to the story were skimmed over by time jumps. Are they covered by other novels that I haven't read by the same author? (hmm only time will tell.)
From what I can tell, even though the novels are technically free, Fanqie (the platform) and the author splits profits from ad revenue in the app, so that's why I've linked the titles above in case readers are interested in reading the raws. When I have time I'll probably let the audiobooks play.
I have also tried bulk importing two novels from a compatible website to Open Novel but after checking the outputs, inputting the raws manually in each chapter worked best for readibility. I've also begun to implement the glossary at the beginning so that the genders are fixed - that seems to help with the machine translation for later chapters.
I hope Fanqie implements a good translation algorithm function soon, 'cause doing this manually could get real old, real fast, unless you're already super invested.
(1) 犯规招惹 [Foul play and provocation]. Alternate title: 蓄谋冰山教授 [The Calculating Iceberg Professor], Breaking the Rules to Attract (novelupdates)
(2) 蓄谋钓系青梅 [Premeditatedly Fishing for Green Plum]. Alternative title: Scheming Seductive Childhood Sweetheart (novelupdates)
(3) 她途经月色 [She passed through the moonlight]
(1) is still the strongest read, and I can see why this title became the basis for shorts on Xiao Hong Shu and those AI video collaborations. (2) and (3) were interesting reads but a bit rushed for certain sections. I felt that some of the most important sections crucial to the story were skimmed over by time jumps. Are they covered by other novels that I haven't read by the same author? (hmm only time will tell.)
From what I can tell, even though the novels are technically free, Fanqie (the platform) and the author splits profits from ad revenue in the app, so that's why I've linked the titles above in case readers are interested in reading the raws. When I have time I'll probably let the audiobooks play.
I have also tried bulk importing two novels from a compatible website to Open Novel but after checking the outputs, inputting the raws manually in each chapter worked best for readibility. I've also begun to implement the glossary at the beginning so that the genders are fixed - that seems to help with the machine translation for later chapters.
I hope Fanqie implements a good translation algorithm function soon, 'cause doing this manually could get real old, real fast, unless you're already super invested.